Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly




The Good: Secret Weapon Miniatures!
I placed my order on a weekend, and didn't expect to hear from them until Monday, but I got an instant response. I even added to my order after the first one was completed, and THAT was no problem. Top notch friendly service, and a great product delivered in a timely fashion. You really can't ask for anything more than that.

The Bad: Skullcrafts
Complete opposite experience. Whatever you do, do NOT order from this guy. I still haven't gotten my order or heard from him. For over 2 months now, nobody has been getting their orders from him, but that's not the worst part of it: he doesn't EVER respond to email/or communicate with the customer. No order confirmation emails, no response to any email inquires, nothing. The forum on his site is filling-up with people (who've been waiting over 40 days) asking for their money back.

The Ugly: That would be me.
I've been on both sides of the customer service counter in my day, so I know when I'm not even getting the bare minimum of common courtesy. I'm patient, but if you can't treat me like a human being, and you still want to take my money, I get ugly. I'm not proud of that, but it's how I react.

I'm quite happy to give praise, and really hesitant to slander.... but Skullcrafts has earned my ire. I'm sorry for the negativity, but I hope this saves somebody from the frustration of trying to deal with that company.

2 comments:

  1. It's a pity that good customer service should be so uncommon - but I'm glad I could take care of your order for you.

    Sucks about Skull Crafts too. I placed an order with him last year, so I could compare our scenic kits, and it went out right away. I'm sorry to hear that things have gone bad for him.

    Thanks for the customer service review - and the order, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess Skullcrats took down their complaint thread. Too bad, because now when people get frustrated from no email responce, they won't know they aren't the only ones.

    ReplyDelete