Sunday, September 27, 2009

XXVII: First Objective Marker

Here lie the WIP remains of one heavily decorated beaky loyalist.

Over at Papa Nurgle they're running a monthly challenge, and I needed a lil' break from working on my Champion, so I gave it a shot. This is my first try at making an objective marker... I think the base might be a little too small, but I finally found a use for all those purity seals. Here's hoping that blob of GS keeps the chaplain's book in place.

(man, I suck at photography!)

Thursday, September 24, 2009

XXVI: Makings of a Champion (continued)

Haven't done much work on this guy yet, but here's a mock up I did (using kneadable eraser as putty to hold the bits in-place). He's waiting on a backpack and I think I'll wait 'till I get a proper sculpting tool to do any more GS work on him. The prospect of sculpting antlers is making me a little nervous. I also have to decide on how to base this guy... something appropriate for his rank.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

XXV: Makings of a Champion

The makings of my first champion of Nurgle. Lots of GS work ahead.

I eventualy want his head to look like this guy's:

wish me luck!

Friday, September 11, 2009

XXIV: Pair of Plague Monks

Still no bolter-damage, and the robes need to be a little more raggedy, but I thought I'd share what I put-together last night. In the end, the plan is to have two flamer squads, so this pair'll probably get split up. I tried to make them both distinctive, but similar enough to not be out-of-place with the rest of the boys in the squad.

I also did some work on a squad champion... but I'm not sure if I like him yet.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

XXIII: Chainmail Veil

Today I did my first tests with Green Stuff. I think it came-out pretty well. I have another one of those hooded heads with the exposed face... I think I'll give it the same treatment. I mixed more material than I needed, so I rolled the left-overs into little balls; I might try to sculpt them into censer balls later (I may even try to make chain if I'm feeling up to it).

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

XXII: Plasma for Two

Here are a couple of Plasma toting Plague Marines I made yesterday from berserker & DA bits... with a bone hand & a leg thrown-in from the skeleton warriors box. No champions in my plasma squads, so I think I have almost everything ('cept for a rhino-tank) I need to put everybody together already.

Still been too chicken to try out my GS, but there's still plenty of time for that.

And here's a better picture of a couple of their squad mates.

Monday, September 7, 2009

XXI: My first Break

The chainsword hand broke off my chappy yesterday. I would have been pissed off, but I knew it wasn't pinned, and that breakage was a risk (just didn't realise how fragile it would be). The chainsword hand he used to have was a little messy from some sloppy gluing.... so I think I'm going to pin-on one of the berserker chainswords instead. Lesson learned!

I've also included a pic of this other Plague Marine I'm working on... just 'cause I'm having alot of fun putting him together.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

XX: Bone Leg

Here's a crappy picture of a WIP plague marine made mostly of bits from the berserker box I got today. One of the arms is from a chappy & the bone leg is, of course, from that box of skeleton warriors I picked-up not too long ago.

I pinned the bone-hip and the chappy shoulder; my first attempt at pinning. I also weighted the base.

XIX: Bezerker Green

At last, I have Green Stuff!!
I wonder if I can make any use of it without proper tools... tonight I will do some sculpting experiments with toothpicks.