Saturday, October 3, 2009

XXVIII: Second Objective Marker

I picked-up 2 thicknesses of plastic-card today, and some new bases.



I had an idea for my second objective marker, I'm calling it: "Gun Coffin". It is essentially just a bunch of guns stored in an open grave.
Here's how I did it:

first I cut a coffin-shaped hole in the 40mm base, then I glued together this little coffin from pieces of the "NO SMOKING" sign



after that, I cut off two of those rings from the bottom of the base, glued one underneath & one above, drilled a hole to connect them and voila a slot for a banner-pole



next I chopped-up some toothpicks & started gluing them onto the outside of the coffin



I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going to throw dirt in the coffin around the skelleton, or do some kinda muddy water-fx



I added a little piece of a 25mm base for a little step on one side



and over here on the other side, eventually there will be a pile (separately painted) weapons



...and the answer to the question in my last post "will GS alone be enough to hold that metal book in that marine's plastic hand?"; NO.


So, I'll have to go back & pin the book in-place & re-sculpt the book spine. I did glue it onto a larger base which does make it look a bit nicer, I think (even though there's still a little bit of over-hang). One step forward, two steps back.

No comments:

Post a Comment